Lateral Entry Program
Salary $103,116 to $147,628/year
Plus $5,000 Signing Bonus*
The San Francisco Police Department is seeking individuals that possess a current Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certificate and have two years of patrol experience to consider joining the premier law enforcement agency in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
The San Francisco Police Department offers:
- Excellent benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with your POST Certificate and education. Salary will be consistent with the stipulations provided in the SFPD POA Labor Agreement.
- Retirement reciprocity is available for some law enforcement agencies
- 3% at 58
- 6-8 week Department Policy Orientation/Training
- Opportunities for promotional opportunities and career development via transfer to specialized units, including:
- SWAT Team
- Plainclothes Work
- Canine Unit
- Motorcycle Enforcement
- Explosives Ordnance Disposal
- Mounted Patrol
- Airport Bureau
- Youth Programs
- Marine Unit
Does this sound interesting? To learn more about the SFPD, we have a member of the SFPD Recruitment Staff who is available to answer your questions. If you are interested, he will collect your information and send you information material.
Contact the SFPD today!Officer Keith Happle
Lateral Recruitment Officer
If you wish to be placed on the Lateral interest list, please e-mail me the following information:
- current and any former agencies
- years of patrol experience
- personal cell/email address
Please call or email for lateral transfer test dates.
*$2,500 upon completion of Field Training Program (FTO); an additional $2,500 upon successful completion of the probation period.
Have Questions? Contact the San Francisco Police Department Recruitment Unit
1245 3rd Street, 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94158