Lateral Entry Program
Salary $109,928 to $164,164*/year
Plus $5,000 Signing Bonus*
The San Francisco Police Department is seeking individuals that possess a current California Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certificate** to consider joining the premier law enforcement agency in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
The San Francisco Police Department offers:
- Excellent benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with your POST Certificate and education. Salary will be consistent with the stipulations provided in the SFPD POA Labor Agreement.
- Retirement reciprocity is available for most law enforcement agencies.
- 3% at 58
- 6-8 week Department Policy Orientation/Training
- Opportunities for promotional advancement and career development via transfer to specialized units.
- Over 80 specialized units
Does this sound interesting?
Contact the SFPD today!
If you wish to be placed on the Lateral interest list, please e-mail me the following information:
- current and any former agencies
- years of patrol experience
- personal cell/email address
For Out-of-State Laterals:
Completion of the Basic Course Waiver process is an option for meeting California’s Regular Basic Course training requirement for out-of-state applicants. The Regular Basic Course is the training requirement for POST-program city police officers, sheriff’s deputies, marshals, district attorney investigators, campus police officers, park police, Level I reserve peace officers and a few miscellaneous peace officer positions identified in the California Penal Code.
• Basic Course Waiver Instructions and Process: https://post.ca.gov/basic-course-waiver-process
• Basic Course Waiver Application: https://post.ca.gov/portals/0/post_docs/publications/2-267.pdf
*$2,500 upon completion of Field Training Program (FTO); an additional $2,500 upon successful completion of the probation period.
**Candidates must possess a P.O.S.T. Basic, Intermediate, or Advanced certificate(s) at the time of application submittal.
Have Questions? Contact the San Francisco Police Department Recruitment Unit