Candidates will be notified via email of their pass/fail status on the PAT and OI. Those that do not pass may request another opportunity to retake the test no sooner than 3 months after their previous attempt.
In accordance with Civil Service Commission Rule 211.16.1, candidates may appeal to the administration of the examination components. All appeals must be filed in writing with the Department of Human Resources within five (5) calendar days of the administration of the examination component giving rise to the appeal. A day that the Department of Human Resources is closed shall not be counted as the fifth (5th) calendar day. Appeals shall be limited as defined in Rule 211.16.1.
Candidates must pass each selection component unless otherwise noted in the announcement. The Department reserves the right to waive selection components for individuals based on prior experience or certification.
Getting ready for the oral interview:
- Get a good night’s sleep before the test.
- Have a light meal before the test.
- Business attire is suggested but is not required.
How the oral interview is organized:
- Report to the examination site on time, show photo identification, and register.
- You will be escorted to your interview room.
- You will have five minutes to review the oral interview questions before meeting with the panel.
Taking the oral interview:
- When you enter the room, introduce yourself and shake hands with each interviewer.
- Sit up straight and make eye contact with the interviewers.
- Relax and breathe during the interview.
- Listen carefully to the questions before you answer.
- If you do not understand a question, say so.
- When you answer a question, be responsive, but not too hasty.
- When you finish your interview, thank the panel and leave the room.
- Be seated in the hall until instructed to leave.
Candidates who pass the Oral Interview will be moved to the Background Investigation phase.