Police Internship Program
The San Francisco Police Department offers an unpaid college internship for students who are interested in exploring career options within law enforcement. Orientation for this program takes place three times a year:
- June (for summer term)
- August ( for Fall semester)
- February (for Spring Semester)
- Must be 18 or older at the time of application.
- Must be currently enrolled and attending an accredited college or university, with a minimum course load of 12 semesters units (18 quarter units) and a minimum 2.0 GPA. A copy of current course registration and/or grade report must be submitted with application.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship.
- Must be a citizen by the time of appointment.
- Must have a driver license and an acceptable driving record.
- Must not have a felony conviction or convictions that prohibit ownership, possession, or control of a firearm.
Must work a minimum of 12 hours a week.
Will try to arrange college credit through your college for your time.
You will be placed in the unit with SFPD that you are interested in. (based on openings and qualifications)
Letters of interest and resumes should be submitted to:
Staff Services 1245 3rd Street, 5th Floor
San Francisco, Ca 94158