Police Internship Program
The SFPD offers unpaid internships. Are you a college student? Explore your career options within law enforcement. Orientation for this program takes place three times a year:
- June (for summer term)
- August ( for Fall semester)
- February (for Spring Semester)
- Be enrolled in a college level program
- Pass a background check
- Be available to work a minimum of 12 hours per week
- Must be 18 or older at the time of application.
- Must be currently enrolled and attending an accredited college or university. With a minimum course load of 12 semesters units (18 quarter units) and a minimum 2.0 GPA. A copy of current course registration and/or grade report must be submitted with application.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien who is eligible for and has applied for citizenship.
- Must be a citizen by the time of appointment.
- Must have a driver license and an acceptable driving record.
- Must not have a felony conviction or convictions that prohibit ownership, possession, or control of a firearm.
- Must work a minimum of 12 hours a week.
- Will try to arrange college credit through your college for your time.
- You will be placed in the unit with SFPD that you are interested in. (based on openings and qualifications)